Broken leg

Monday morning before school started Caiden called me and said he needed me to pick him up because he slipped getting off the bus and heard his leg break.  Ouch!  Wayne left and headed to the school and I left to take Landon to school.  Wayne called and said the school called an ambulance because they couldn’t move Caiden since his leg was dangling.  Ewww.  Wayne headed to the hospital instead but they still weren’t there by the time I dropped Landon off.  I decided to go to the school just to see if they are were still there.  My heart sank seeing the ambulance there.  You never want to see your kiddo in an ambulance.  I also noticed a bunch of workers out there breaking up the ice and moving it all.  This is the sidewalk they expected kids to enter the school on.

I followed the ambulance to the hospital and met Wayne there.  He did indeed break both his tibia and fibula.  He needed surgery so he had to be transferred to Children’s hospital by ambulance.



They admitted him there and kept him overnight.  He had surgery Tuesday morning and they put a plate in and screws.

He stayed again Tuesday night and then had his first physical therapy Wednesday morning to learn how to use the crutches.

He came home Wednesday afternoon and we have been doing our best to manage his pain and keep him comfortable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to blogging

A day at the dentist

Volleyball, birthday, braces and puppies